Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Favorite Holiday Frugal Finds

I love me a good bargain...and I love hunting for those bargains just as much.  I am a regular at our area Good Will store--I am sure they know me by name (they don't actually call me by name--but, I'm sure they know it all the same).  Okay, so maybe they don't really, but they should.  There are a couple of other thrift stores in the area but Good Will is my favorite hands down. I also like The Dollar Store sometimes.  I have heard that the salvation Army Store is also pretty awesome but it is a 30 minute drive away and I can tend to be a bit of a homebody--my word.  My family is not so nice.  They call me The Hermit.  Whatever.

Through the years money has been a little tight here and there.  It seems like it gets the tightest just around the holidays, though.  So, sometimes you have to get creative...with presents (layaway is my friend) and with holiday decorations.  These are a few of my favorite holiday frugal finds...



I found this advent calendar several years ago at Good Will. I paid $3.50 for it. I just love the Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus scene on the top and there is a little mouse that gets moved from pocket to pocket as the days pass by.  I fill the pockets of the days yet to come with Hershey Kisses for Tino to enjoy.  He never seems to forget to move the mouse--go figure.

 

This handmade Christmas tree skirt came from Good Will as well.  It was in perfect condition and is just lovely.  I think I paid $5.00 for this.




This is my first nutcracker and I plan on starting a little collection.  I found this guy brand new in the box at--you guessed it, Good Will.  Isn't he great!  I paid around $3.00 for him.




These Nativity figures were a find at The Dollar Store in town, so each figurine was $1.00.  They are really detailed and intricate.  I used to have some of the barn animals as well, but I think Tino had something to do with their disappearances as he used to like to play with them when he was younger.  The nice thing about finding decorations for such a sweet price is that you don't freak out when little hands come to call.

Do you like to bargain hunt?  Have any cool holiday frugal finds of your own?  I'd love to hear about them.





1 comment:

  1. While I wish I was more of a frugal shopper...I'm not. I try to be, but I'm just never good at finding deals. Some people seem to have a knack.

    I love your finds though! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so I know you stopped by...