Monday, December 7, 2009

Gettin' Around on the Ranch


This is one of the main ways we get around on the ranch.  It's called a Mule and is quite handy really.  When my family had first moved to the ranch about 5 years ago, and I had yet to spend much time there and had never even heard of this type of mule--I live about 2-1/2 hours away at the moment--my sister and I were talking on the phone and she happened to mention that my 75 year old grandmother and her husband Ken had gone up to the mail box on the mule.  Now you can just imagine my reaction.  The mail box for the ranch is out on the main road at the end of a 1-1/2 mile driveway.  I had a picture in my head of the two of them riding down the road on the back of a big ol' mule--you know, the one with the long ears and four legs.  I remember that I was like "what the hell?!"    My sister quickly set me straight as we both busted up with laughter.  If you knew my grandmother you would understand why.  She stands all of 4 feet tall and is a round, plump little thing.  The idea of her up on a great big mule--and her husband riding along with her-- is a little disconcerting to say the least.  Too funny!

1 comment:

  1. How funny! That is an odd looking little vehicle, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so I know you stopped by...