Thursday, December 10, 2009

I've Been Tagged...Happy Holidays

Miss Bella Foxglove from over at Memoirs Of A Crazy Witch has tagged me to take part in a little holiday survey thingy and since I seem to be having the hardest time getting in the holiday mood this year, I thought what the heck, might do me good.  And guess what...afterwards, I get to choose 5 of you wonderful bloggy friends to pass it along to....oh, who might it be...

This little holiday questionnaire originated from Heather and you should pop in and check out her wonderful blog, Top 10 Christmas while your at it.  These are the rules:

  • You can copy and paste the questions right into your blog and then answer them
  • Then tag 5 or more of your favorite blogs, and leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.
  • When you post your blog, please spread some Christmas cheer, and leave a link back to Heather at (Top 10 Christmas), and the blog that you were tagged by.

 


1. Have you started Yule shopping yet? Just a little teeny weeny bit.  We have had a few things on layaway for a few weeks and will be picking them up this weekend.  Money is tight this year and my family has decided to buy pretty much only for the little ones this year.

2. Tell me about one of your special holiday traditions? We usually go out to eat on Christmas Eve and then come home for cookies and eggnog and hot cider.  We will either play board games or watch Christmassy type moves with the kids.  The young ones get to open one present from us before going to bed, after which time we will bring in the Santa presents and put them under the tree for the next morning.  The next day we are awakened early by eager children, we open pressies and then have a late breakfast.  After we have gotten up and around, we pack up the car and start the 2-1/2 hour drive to my mother-in-laws house for Christmas dinner.

3. When do you put up your tree? Usually a couple weeks before the big day and then we keep it up till after New Years.

4. Are you a Black Friday Shopper? Absolutely NOT!  I would so much rather spend time with my family during the Thanksgiving holiday than be out amongst all that craziness.

5. Do you travel at Yule or stay at home? We travel the day of Christmas down to my mother-in-laws house.

6. What is your funniest Yule memory? Well, I don't know how funny it was--at least to me--but the rest of the family seemed to find it hilarious.  My husband had brought home a tree resembling the one in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie and we had finally gotten it in the house, up and decorated.  It was truly a beautiful sight.  However, about an hour later, while we were all sitting down to a home cooked meal, we heard this weird scratching noise coming from the living room and then a whoosh and a huge crash and a loud Meee-OOOWWWW.  It seems the cat had tried to roost in the bows of the tree making it a little bit off balance--she was kind of a rotund feline.  The tree came crashing down.  Ya, I didn't think it was very funny at all.


7. What is your favorite Yule movie of all times? It's not really even a Christmas movie but for some reason I have to watch it every year around the holiday time...A Family Man with Nicolas Cage...my husband likes It's a Wonderful Life--I do, too, but A Family Man is my fave.

8. Do you do any Yule baking and what's your favorite treat? I love to bake and used to make all kinds of different cookies.  My family only really likes Chocolate Chip cookies, though, so I usually end up eating too many of all the rest so I don't bake so many anymore.

9. Fake or real tree? It has to be a real tree for us.  I have to be able to smell that pine smell, you know. 

10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done? I don't get all that panicked anymore.  I have come to the conclusion that we can only do what we can do and the rest will just fall into place somehow.  It usually does...

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Yule Eve? Well, of course

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Yule? Christmas Eve family time

13. What Yule craft do you like best? I always have all these plans to do things, you know, like string cranberries and/or popcorn to put around the tree.  It hasn't happened yet.

14. Yule music? Yes or No, and if yes, what is your favorite song? I love Christmas music.  Our local radio station plays it from Dec. 10th thru Christmas day and I love it.

15. Do you plan to finish all your shopping? Somehow, someway I always seem to be able to get it done.

Now....my little pretties...who shall be next...


Have fun!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh. I can't believe you just said Family Man. I have just finished a short post about that movie. It's one of my favorites!

    And ugh. You will have to twist my arm to do this meme. I made my blog meme and tag free but neglected to mention it. That's not really fair, is it?!! I still think meme's are a great way to meet new people, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually really enjoyed these posts because it's so much fun learning everybody's traditions.

    Thank you for tagging me!

    I shall get to this ASAP. :)

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so I know you stopped by...